- Getting there: Fly into Honiara International Airport (HIR) on direct flights from Australia, Fiji, Vanuatu or Papua New Guinea, or sail in by boat.
- Capital city: Honiara.
- Population: 601,288.
- Religion: Christianity.
- Language: Pijin and English.
- Currency: Solomon Islands dollar (SBD).
- Climate: An equatorial climate without much temperature variations between the seasons. The wet season runs from November on to April with showers that are short and quick. May to October is the dry season with still the occasional shower.
- Transport: Domestic flights are available between about twenty airstrips scattered around the islands. There are also passenger boat services with public buses only in Honiara.
- Best time to travel: The dry season with its cooler temperatures, low rainfall and relatively less humidity.
- What to wear: Lightweight natural fabrics with an umbrella or raincoat for the occasional rain. Beachwear is frowned upon off the beach or outside resorts. A hat and sunscreen is recommended, as well as sturdy walking shoes.
No results found
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.